Take your first steps towards money confidence and financial independence with our free course for beginners
Your course here?
Is it time you unlocked the growth potential of your money?
- What is the Saver's Dilemma, and how does it hold us back?
- Should we save or invest our money?
- What is the most common costly financial decision?
- What are the alternatives to savings accounts?
Become familiar with the world most popular investment
- What are shares and how do they work?
- What are the different ways an investor can profit from shares?
- An introduction to dividends
- Why are shares such a popular investment?
Inspiration - the power of compounding
Did you know that investing £400 each month for 25 years could grow to...
With a stock market return of 7%
Discover your attitude towards money and risk
- Take our quick questionnaire to receive a risk tolerance rating
- Understand which investments may not be suitable for your tolerance
- Find the investments which complement your risk profile
And how should it change the way you approach investing?
- Explore the time horizon concept and calculate your own time horizon
- Discover any investments which are not compatible with your time horizon
- How to split your portfolio to maximise returns
Further research: definitions
The simple guide to making your first trade
- Learn the different methods of buying shares
- Introduction to ticker symbols
- Definitions and jargon used by stock brokers
- The step-by-step process of placing a trade online
Discover the humble workhorse of a modern portfolio
- Understand how corporate bonds work
- Why do companies issue corporate bonds?
- The popular (and unpopular) ways to access this asset class
Mastery: Bond bonanza
How to take full advantage of the only truly 'free lunch'
- An introduction to the different types of investment risk
- How volatile investments reduce your long term return
- Why diversification is a no-brainer
Let's bring together what you've learned so far, and create something special
- The half-way milestone in the Foundation Course
- Bringing together and refreshing the theory covered so far
- Why professional investment portfolios look the way they do
- How to build a portfolio from scratch
Mastery: portfolio management
The tools and mindset you will need to avoid catastrophe
- The difference between regulated and unregulated investments
- How protected is your money?
- Who can you trust online?
- How to tell the difference between a scam and a legitimate website
How to choose between these two different investment strategies
- A comparison of the passive and active investment strategies
- The pros and cons of each approach
- How to choose between approaches as a new investor
The reliable and free places to get your hands on the latest information
- How to find live share pricing, for free
- How to interpret basic online financial information
- How to gain free access to the financial statements of companies
Let's consider the factors we should consider when deciding whether to invest now
- What does perfect timing look like, and is it possible?
- Two core theories that attempt to explain why investors fail at market timing.
- How to choose a healthy mindset to avoid over-trading.
Helping you choose an excellent investing 'partner' for the long term
- What should you consider when picking an investing platform?
- How do traditional stock brokers compare against modern competition?
- Why you should think 'long term' when comparing your options.