Solar generators are one of the best ways to have a surplus amount of energy on hand. Whether you want to keep the lights on even after the power goes off or you need to get your phone charged immediately, solar generator kits are a good idea for your home. Solar energy is not a concept to experiment with anymore and has made its way into people’s lives. There are several practical ways for you to use solar energy at home. Like any other sustainable source, solar energy also comes with some investment costs, but in recent times, it has been seen that many homeowners are preferring to work with a solar generator kit for home due to the energy’s renewable nature.
You do not have to invest a lot of money to ‘go solar’ and save the environment; buying a solar generator kit will serve you that purpose. This generator runs on solar power, is portable and uses solar panels to generate electricity. You save a great deal on fossil fuels when using camping solar generators at home. The energy captured from the sun rays is stored in the batteries in order to be used later. While people think that most solar generators are for camping purposes, they have come to be of good use for residential areas as well.
Advantages of using a solar generator kit at home
Having a solar generator kit at your house is a great idea since it serves many practical purposes. Investing in a solar generator has an impact in the long run and has several advantages.
- Continuous fuel from the sun – Gas-powered generators run on fossil fuel that you have to buy continuously. This not only increases your expenditure but also has a severe impact on the environment as well. A solar generator eliminates the necessity for fuel costs. Setting up the solar generator at home will let you enjoy free electricity from the sunshine!
- Renewable energy – Solar generators work on energy that is clean and renewable at the same time. This indicates that you do not have to think about spending lots of money on fossil fuels anymore and there is no impact on the environment from excessive use of gasoline. When you have a solar generator kit at your home, you can be assured that the generator will not release any pollutants at the time of storing or producing energy. Live in peace knowing that your home is running from a clean source of renewable energy!
- Low maintenance – A stark difference between gas generators and solar generators is in the sounds that they make. Since solar generators do not have any moving parts unlike gas generators, they do not make loud grinding noises at the time of running. Also, without any moving parts, solar generators last long and have a comparatively lesser chance of breaking down. This reduces the maintenance cost that you might have to otherwise spend on gas generators from time to time.
- Financial savings – The payback period of a solar installation will greatly vary depending on the level of sunshine your property receives, the size of your installation and the price of energy you currently buy from the utility company. Renewables tend to provide a financial return over 5 – 7 years, which makes them a long-term investment but a profitable use for money when compared to a savings account, which would take 40+ years to pay back your money in interest.
- Increase property value – Consider the additional value a solar setup could add to your residential, commercial or investment property. Solar requires set-up costs, but beyond that point it acts as a steep discount on your energy bills. This makes it an attractive feature for property-seekers who are budget conscious.
Best uses for solar generators
Gone are the days when solar generators were only used to charge boats or for camping trips! You can now get a solar generator kit for home as it can be used for quite a number of practical residential purposes. The following are some of the things that easily run on solar energy:
- Ventilation fans – Ventilation or exhaust fans eradicate the hot air from within the home and reduce the temperature. With a solar generator kit, you do not have to plug this ventilator fan into your household wiring system. Some roof-vent fans with photo-electric cells run well on solar energy and will be compatible with your solar generator.
- Swimming pool – Heating up the water in the swimming pool or jacuzzi with solar energy might sound impossible. Having a solar blanket run on the power exhumed by the solar generator kit will warm up the water in an instant. The sun’s heat gets transmitted into the water and makes your bathing rather relaxing.
- Pumps – When you power the pumps from your household electrical system, you defeat the purpose of saving energy that you had hoped for while installing the pump. These circulating pumps can be easily run on solar power with the help of photoelectric panels. A solar generator kit stores the energy in the batteries so that the pumps can be run even during the nighttime or on cloudy days.
- Water heater – It is high time for you to replace the traditional water heaters and bring active solar hot water systems. The circulating water collects the heat from up the roof and keeps the temperature intact for a long period of time. Although this investment might seem a little high initially, it will ultimately be cost-effective in the long run.
- Outdoor lighting – Using solar generator kits for your outdoor lighting instead of having a transformer plugged in somewhere is a great way to pave the way for landscape lighting. The lighting fixtures come with small solar cells and can be easily run on solar energy provided by the solar generator at your home. The lights can remain powered all through the night without any flickering or voltage dropping.
One of the most important reasons to invest in solar generators is to cut down on fossil fuels and use renewable energy for sustainability. Apart from the high costs, fossil fuels are also harmful to the environment. Having a solar generator kit for home will deem you as environment-friendly. The generator will run on a clean source of renewable energy and does not require much maintenance on your part.
Even if the initial investment might seem a little daunting at first, know that this will be a lifelong investment. Your costs of electricity will decrease in the long run, allowing you to save money, and you will do your part in keeping nature safe from excess emission of CO2. A solar generator kit is also safe to use and does not pose any issues that often come in gas generators.